following on from here, sort of...
"Things are not what they appear to be." Sybil and her father are walking side by side along the east side of the city park. The late sun casts long shadows across the path but its light still feels warm on their faces. "Don't worry, I am not some sort of a profligate bacchante, no matter what you may have read in that report."
"Things are not what they appear to be." Sybil and her father are walking side by side along the east side of the city park. The late sun casts long shadows across the path but its light still feels warm on their faces. "Don't worry, I am not some sort of a profligate bacchante, no matter what you may have read in that report."
"But... you did sleep with him, did you not?"
"It was for a greater cause. Look, I can't give you any more information and please don't ask any more questions. Mortimer had done what he had been instructed to do."
He stops in his tracks like a jibber before queachy ground. "Mortimer? You mean The Zoilist? What do you know about him?"
"I keep telling you I can't give you any information. Suffice it to say what he writes is based on facts. He has exposed many a villain and will continue to do so. Provided he remains incognito, that is. Now, about that latest text... please publish it as it is and don't even think of leaving any names out. Trust me, we know what we're doing. If things go as planned, you'll be the first to know."
"Alright, be it as you wish. I have one request, though. Please tell Mortimer of whatever his name is to stop smoking the pipe while he's writing his anopistographs. You know I'm allergic to tobacco and the sternutation is getting worse each time I receive a new parchment."
9 comments:
Wonderful Juliana. I didn't even have to click the link and I knew it had to relate back to that story. This is getting intriguing. Good work and good use of the words :)
Oh! I like this continued story. I want more! I hope my next week's words fit in.
I love serials. Can't wait for the next installment.
Well done Juliana!
Most intriguing! I like it very much! :)
We dragons like continued storys. We all watch soap operas.
You have done well.
We have posted.
Very well done. The three new words and some of the old. Who could ask for more and in a continued story.
I love it.
"I want to Know,"she said. A week is so long to wait.
WoooHooo, Juliana, well done. Interesting story, good use of Quilly's words, and at this time of night I appreciated the brevity of it.
Post a Comment